The US has so much to offer for travel. FIFTY STATES, TWO OCEANS, MOUNTAIN RANGES, DESERTS, RAINFORESTS, ANCIENT RUINS, DIFFERENT CULTURES, OUR OWN AMAZING ANIMALS AND AND AND… MILLIONS OF MILES TO EXPLORE. I feel like we, including myself, are so eager to go “other places” that we forget all the beauty within our own country.
TRAVEL IN YOUR HOME COUNTRY TOTALLY COUNTS.
Check Out the Most Recent Posts about the US
- Cahokia Mounds: The Ancient Native American Mound Building Civilization You Shouldn’t MissDid you know the largest ancient settlement north of Mexico is just fifteen minutes east of St. Louis? It’s practically right over the Mississippi River bridge. However, it isn’t one of the top visited places in St. Louis. Here’s the research you need to prepare yourself for a great learning and exploring trip through our country’s largest ancient city.
- Discovering the Magic of Discovery Cove: The Answers to All Your QuestionsFamily trips to Discovery Cove in Orlando, Florida can be overwhelming when you don’t know what to expect. With these first-hand tips and tricks, your first trip to this magical Sea World park will allow you look forward to snorkeling with rays and meeting dolphins instead of searching for answers that you can’t find. Know what to expect and prepare for an amazing experience!
- Kids and Dirt: Finding Quartz in ArkansasDetails for planning a trip to Wegner Quartz Mine in Mount Ida, Arkansas – what to expect, what to pack, and other mom tips.
- A Charleston Visit to Boone Hall PlantationBoone Hall Plantation in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina is the longest continually working plantation in the country and a lovely place to experience real southern history. Picture the magnificent grand entrance you expect from the Southern plantation movies. Tall towering oaks line both sides of the one lane road leading up to the grand entrance of the main house. The … Continue reading A Charleston Visit to Boone Hall Plantation
- How to Visit the Great Sand Dunes: The BasicsGreat Sand Dunes National Monument is in southeast Colorado as you cross from the flatland of the eastern part of the state to the start of the Sangre de Christo Mountains. As the highest sand dunes in North America, this national park site offers plenty of adventure for families with mountain hiking, overnight camping, and sand dune exploring. The mountain … Continue reading How to Visit the Great Sand Dunes: The Basics
- Encountering Animals at Tanganyika Wildlife Park in KansasTanganyika Wildlife Park is a place for animal encounters like you’ve never seen anywhere else. While starting as only one man’s plan to have animals, it has grown into the third largest collection of animals in Kansas. This family owned park is just the place to spark the same excitement in your family. They need our support. The BasicsWhat is … Continue reading Encountering Animals at Tanganyika Wildlife Park in Kansas
- A Nature Excursion from the Isle of PalmsOur Barrier Island Eco-Tour was the highlight of our week on the Isle of Palms even though it only lasted several hours. As a locally owned, affordable, family friendly excursion, the sunset dolphin cruise has a boat ride to Capers Island, a beach to explore, and animal watching all in one experience. They also offer school tours and other tour … Continue reading A Nature Excursion from the Isle of Palms
- Five Things Nobody Told Me Before I Visited Maui… So I’m Telling You#1: You Don’t Have to Go on a Whale Tour I’ve decided I will never go back to Hawai’i if it isn’t whale season, so it’s a good thing that humpback whale season lasts six months from November to May. Our end of January trip brought us many sightings, and the kids heard them singing to each other while snorkeling … Continue reading Five Things Nobody Told Me Before I Visited Maui… So I’m Telling You
- A Family Visit to the Jamestown Settlement: The Beginner’s GuideWHERE: THE HISTORIC TRIANGLE IN VIRGINIA, CLOSE TO Williamsburg and historic Jamestowne MOM SCORE: 5/5KID SCORE: 5/5 The Jamestown area can be confusing – we’ve been and I still have to look up which is which. There are two Jamestowns to explore which are only five minutes ways from each other. Jamestown Settlement is a reconstruction of the fort. The … Continue reading A Family Visit to the Jamestown Settlement: The Beginner’s Guide
- Williamsburg with Kids: The Beginner’s GuideColonial Williamsburg (CW), the “world’s largest outdoor museum”, is located in the city of Williamsburg, Virginia. While Williamsburg itself is a small town, Colonial Williamsburg refers to the restored colonial town which is staffed with historical reenactors and tradespeople. During our family visit in the fall of 2020, I felt unprepared and didn’t really know what to expect despite searching several times online for visitor information. I hope you don’t feel the same way after all the first-hand information and learn how to continue the learning at home with my recommended book lists.